View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 07:15 AM   #825
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

Re: project (sweet pea)

Thanks every one.This has been a long process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKYARD88 View Post
AAAHHHHHH, soooooo much better. No more nose bleeds!! Now if you can just shrink that bed down a couple feet J/K
Thanks Mike, and she is staying a long bed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Very VERY NICE!
Thanks keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by highperf4x4 View Post
Looks fantastic! So what's your total drop now?
Total drop from before is roughly 7/8 of an inch lower in the front. And a little over 7 in the rear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixermike View Post
very nice....i really like how she sits i have been thinking about converting to trailing arms and air ride also. after seeing yours i see money flying out of my pocket.did you change out your rearend or just weld on new spring perches?
Mike I was going to just weld on new axle saddles, but after grinding my old ones off. There was just way to much pitting for me...especially for Tig....I was assuming I would just blow right through? If I had a mig that would burn good enough into the housing I may have went that route....My little Hobart although a damn good welder.IMO it just would not have penetrated to my liking so....I had a left over trailing arm rear end from (project herbert)....It was in pretty fair condition....Just needed a good cleaning....This for me was the easiest route..Now I did have to switch all my brakes over, and change my Mini Spool out.....But still a safer route IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb-1 View Post
Tony, my man!!! Glad your flying lower now. I kept my mouth shut!
Thanks Doug....You and Richard H. was the only ones I told...

On a side Note......I would really like to thank Tyler( board member here)....He has been a great help in this whole process....He did 99% of all the wiring and all the plumbing of the lines. The whole lay out really was his idea's I was the grunt work guy lol, and for the record....If I ever have to drill a 1inch and a 1/8.hole again upside down on my back...I will probably kill my self lol ...I have always considered my self to be able to work things out in my head........But some of this stuff just kept throwing me curve balls.. the whole Valve layout had me confused at least for a day....lol....So hopefully he will chime in..........And get some much needed Compliments......
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote