View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #141
RckyMntnKng

Re: My Build Thread (year+) on 71 Jimmy 4x4

Picked up my D-lines yesterday. Got some nice heavy wall tube and 1350's all the way around. Milled the np205 Front output to change over from the GM
3V type stocker. The D60 front and np205 Rear changed from 1310. The 14bff had a 1350 on it already...

The cage has been the side project inbetween other things. BroncoBob sent me eight 4x4 x 1/4" plates to use for the feet pads, so just getting the 32 holes drilled in that thick stuff was a job. I am making my own underbody backing plates for everything with the same bolt pattern but about 1/2" different around the edges so it doesnt try and scissor through the sheet metal as much.

Bob made all the hoops about 3" taller than stock for me so I could set it the way I want...which means I get to do some tube cutting. I decided to rake it about 2" overall from back to front, which is just noticable - Dont want nothing looky saggy out back :-) Gives the back seats more headroom as well

When you start this job, a handfull of c-clamps, a couple levels, and especially a Laser is the way to roll im convinced. Marked everything with a sharpie via laser line and then tacked the tube on the marks and checked angles. So far so good!

Will have a bunch done after this weekend to post up....
Attached Images

Last edited by RckyMntnKng; 05-04-2010 at 02:42 PM.
RckyMntnKng is offline   Reply With Quote