Thread: To Blast or???
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #7
Thadious

Re: To Blast or???

Quote:
"Thadious J. Whoopee, You're the Greatest" Sorry, I couldn't resist. With that screen name you must have gotten this before now. I can't remember what cartoon it came from though?
No idea... never heard it before actually. The tag came from someone asking me one day what 'Ted' was short for... Thadious? And it just kind of stuck.

I'm just one of these people that refuse to pay someone good money for something that I think that I can do myself... and besides... you learn something in the process and have new tools left over in the end!

Not to hyjack a thread... but the pressure blaster started out as good clean 30 lb propane tank, purged and cleaned, with 2" nipple cut out and welded to the top, a handfull of 1/2" ball valves, some flexible line, a pressure regulator and relief valve and a pressure guage fitted. Then a long length of flexible brake hose with a deadman valve at the end. Mount the whole thing to a 2 wheel dolly with a leg out the front and you're good to go. (Would highly recommend spending the little bit to have it hydro'd for safety!).

There's a pic of it in my build thread.

Cheers and good luck,
Ted.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.
If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you...

My new build - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...70#post8958970
Thadious is offline   Reply With Quote