View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #197
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Alright.... A little more progress.

Friday I got the truck loaded up & got it moved over to a friends shop. He'll be letting me utilize some shop space to do the small to big back window conversion. We'll also be painting the interior while it's there & his glass guy will pop in some fresh front/rear glass.

I still had a couple of things that needed to be finished on the frame. I needed to weld in some .500" solid rod on the rear bend of the rear c-notches. With the insight of Lakeroadster, the rear bend was determined to be the 'weak-point' of the re-worked c-notches. The solid rod will help re-inforce this possible stress point. While I had the frame flipped to do the rear, I also finished welding the bottom edge of the R&P c-notches in front.

I'm in the process of making re-inforcement plates to help strengthen the frame area adjacent to the R&P notches & will try to get those finished up in the next couple of days.

Pics of the solid rod welded to the rear bend of the rear c-notches....
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 05-11-2010 at 12:09 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote