View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
mr48chev

Re: Anyone Made a Firewall Like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba327 View Post
I saw a thread somewhere about a guy who had used a big Wheelbarrow for the recess in the firewall . He found a garage sale Wheelbarrow- a single wheel and two handle style and used it for a firewall. If I recall he was moving the motor back and lowering/ bagging the truck. It worked quite well and was very easy to install,gave transmission hump clearance and room for a HEI . I do not remember what he did under the dashboard or what had to be done there.
My buddy used a smaller (garden style) wheel barrow for the recess for the engine in his Model A Ford 35 or so years ago and it worked well. He used one that was lighter than this one http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Ga...atalogId=10053 but similar in basic design. There are inexpensive ones out there with nicely shaped pans that would make good recesses for engine clearance and then you cut some old plywood for a bottom for the wheelbarrow so you can use it too.

Clearance is tight on an AD truck firewall anyhow and I don't think that many engines except a V6 will work without some sort of recess in the firewall.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote