View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 06:10 PM   #257
sparkydog

Re: 52 GMC Envoy Burb meld/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEEP View Post
My 'electrician' will be looking at the truck this evening to determine where the computer and battery will go.
I don't know if this will help you or not but a couple of months ago I realized that the battery and ECM would need to shuffle around a bit to clear the hood on my transplant project. So I started a thread on hotrodders.com asking if anyone had experience doing a relo of an ECM and where did they put it and how did they deal with the wire harness.

The response was underwhelming - mostly the sound of crickets. One guy said he had done one and put the ECM inside the cab on top of the tranny tunnel and he had just cut and spliced his harness one wire at a time. I doubt there is an aftermarket "extension harness" available that would make this easier. On my project I think I will be able to keep the ECM inside the engine bay and just fab/mod the bracket a bit. But if I have to move it far enough that it requires cutting the harness then I am going to aim for under the passenger seat.
sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote