Thread: PO has me PO'd
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #1443
jaros44sr

Re: PO has me PO'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by low'n slow View Post
Jim, you close to driving that thing yet?

I'm hoping to fire mine up next weekend. I need to start a thread with all the picures I have taken.

I'm glad you got to spend some time with your boys. I only have 1 at home the other 2 are alot futher away and I don't get to see them very often.

Doug
Thanks for asking Doug, but I'm still trying to get the motor back together. Had a couple hours this weekend and got the timing chain and cover finalized and installed. Now it's on to the oil pan, seem to have a problem with one of the bolt holes...gotta look into that

Good luck with the engine start, and yes it is always a good time hanging out with the boys. Be patient, they always seem to drift back home eventually

seems like the 3/4" fastners work better than the 1/2" ones, just to short to grab! The bottom corners are the worst, no clearance room to swing the fastners up, My idea of using a hook tool to grab the fastner and swing it up was somewhat a success. I only stabbed my finger once, no where near as bad as Levi, that thing had to hurt

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 05-23-2010 at 07:47 PM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote