View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 11:07 PM   #33
Steve@OldSub.com
Cancer Survivor in the making.

Re: 53 BURBAN barn find

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIZZLER View Post
not sure i follow about the ad kit being at stock height.
I haven't read the AD site lately, but my memory is that Robert (owner) prefers stock height trucks and designed the kit to place a cab at stock height when mounted on the S-10 frame. That doesn't keep you from lowering the S-10 frame but it is one more expense and consideration.

Robert is a good guy, I'm sure he'll answer questions if you email him though he is a busy guy so it might take a few days.

I've seen pictures of a raised floor in the rear of one S-10 mounted Suburban. That one is a 4x4 and unfortunately the site has been offline for a year or more so I can't point you at it. I was following the build carefully but it appears life has interfered with that guy's project.

Depending on how low you want to go, you may be better served by going with a 4-link and bags in the rear. Depending on how low you want to go you may have no choice but to give up some floor...

Steve@OldSub.com
OldSub.com . MaxwellGarage.com . OldGasTowRigs.com
Steve@OldSub.com is offline   Reply With Quote