View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #5
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Re: Ram air hood ..thoughts/ideas ????

I was looking again and it seems like the hole from is almost pre boxed?? the front support only has a couple of holes so running something to duct it over the air cleaner.Yes I was thinking of boxing the air cleaner with about 1" extra to allow the rext of the cool air to blow over the intake?? Yea you could make it seal but that would be tons more work..I think?? Also since the hole front is pre boxed by the hood support you could cut the intake holes just about anywhere or any size...

my tought was to weld up the box to the hood (this helps with hood flop) also when you open the hood it has a VERY KOOL factor to it..with out duct work running everywhere

and Yea I could duct air from the grill or wheel well or even the vents under the windsheild but I was just kinda thinking out loud for something new....you watch someone will take this idea and run with it$$$..it always happens to me

I think this will require some cardboard, some tape and a few beers to see how it looks and fits...I only have my little ponie motor so I wouldn't make anyting out of steel till after I find out where the caddy's carb it going to sit.... beside with the motor out I could get in the engine bay and see how the clearances are.....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote