View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
Jacfourteen
Big Red - Now its a SWB!

Re: swappin a 292 for a 350

I could be wrong but aren't the bellhousing crossmembers in different locations, v8 crossmember sits about 3" forward of the location for the 6 cyl. My truck came with a v6/4 speed originally and I swapped to a 350 and now my engine sits about 3" farther back than a stock equipped small block would. To get my engine mounted up I left the bellhousing crossmember where it was and I got some engine stands off of a 250 I6. So if you swap for the v8 in your truck you will be fine, you just need some 250 I6 stands and have to either get a 4x4 fan shroud or convert to electric fan. For the other truck though It will make the engine sit about 3" forward of where it should, which may cause radiator interference and I'm not sure what you would do about motor stands. Here is a picture of how my 350 sits in my engine bay, you can tell its further back because of the big gap between the water pump and the rad and also how close the dizzy is to the firewall.

Hope this helps.
68 3/4 ton (Project)-350 Small Block, .030 over, 10:1 comp, 3998993 heads, C3BX edelbrock intake, comp cams XE268, Holley 670 SA, long tube headers, dual flow 40's, E-fan, Alum rad, currently under the knife getting shortened and bagged build thread
41 3/4 ton (wife's)-flatbed, fully restored to original
01 Tahoe LT 4WD (my daily driver)-Magnaflow Muffler, Rollin on 22's
02 Ford Mustang Convertable (Wife's Car)-Flowmaster 50, Clear corners, Intake, sittin on 18's
Jacfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote