View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 12:53 AM   #207
BLAZERMAN
Currently Blazerless

Re: post your 67-72 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertip67 View Post
here is my '67 C-20 4WD...it is the CST model...am looking for an old Thomas camper to restore and put on it...this truck come's from the Colorado high country where I lived when found it...it was run a a few thousand miles a year since it was new by the original family as a camper truck...the climate here was very kind to it...this was an early production from '66...a few things changed by the model year end...the owners manual I got shows a few changes in the front hubs...however this machine "walks the dog " in 4WD...

I am trying to keep it as original as possible...but there is a serious temptation to paint it another color...first the slide in camper...then see how things are going...the original paint needs wax pretty often...rear cab mounts need replacing too...about a 1/2 -3/4" sag developed...

it has 58,000 original miles...327/250 4 speed...squarejet carb...when I changed out the valve covers and oil bath, inside the engine was as clean as a whistle...my little time nachine!! I took off the split rims for regular use...changed out a few engine parts...better air filter, coil and had to rebuild the carb...other than that nothing...

I have had a few other older chevs...but this one is by far the best of for me...took a year of pestering the owners to let it go...I drive it every day...

added a little after market stuff...but of course saved all the orig's...I am a very lucky guy I know...I looked a very long time for this one...hope to drive it the rest of my life...ted
BTW some real nice lookin rides folks...lots of work there...but the result is priceless!
Wow! thats a very Cool 67 you have...I love it just the way it is! And welcome to the board!