View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
capev86

Re: Most popular engine for our trucks and why?

i have a 406sbc for my 72 burb 3/4 ton 2wd with 3 on the tree and 4.10 third member swap. my dad bought the engine 15 years ago for his 84 burb and it doesn't have many miles on it since it was rebuilt just prior to his getting it. right now i have a 307 in my truck......boring....

i don't find a 350 very exciting. i love stroker motors and being different and so i'd rather have a 305 or a 307 with a 400 crank than a straight 350. that would be a very efficient setup but i already have my bad boy motor. it has the cross drilling in the head and block. i may put an RV grind full roller valvetrain in it before i pop it in.

exhaust will be the stock ram horns with hopefully a magnaflow x pipe stainless dual setup from lmc. top end will be an edelbrock performer intake with a q-jet on top and i have an early 70's chevy dual snorkel air cleaner bottom with the top off my dad's 84 burb air cleaner so i can get lots of air and filter it through a 14x5" filter. it is soo backyard hot rod engineering AND factory looking that it is just plain sick!
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote