View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #19
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: suburbans are cooler than station wagons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capev86 View Post
unless it is like a refrigerator or something tall, you can put it in the back of a burb. so many guys buy pickups and then throw a cap on 'em......good if you haul bait/seafood, but otherwise pointless. a burb has an 8 foot bed behind the front row plus a roof rack and it can also haul people. why take 2 cars when you can get everyone there with one vehicle....parking certainly is easier (and cheaper in cities!). and with a hitch on the back, you can use a trailer and haul those few items that are too big to fit in the back.
A burb only has an 8 ft bed if you take the back seats out and then its not a nice flat floor all the way to the back of the front seats. I prefer having a canopy on my truck because when I toss stuff back there, I like to keep it dry. There is more room from floor to ceiling in a truck with a canopy too. You can pop the canopy off and waalaaa...way more room for hauling stuff than a burb. But you are correct about hauling friends and family around...a burb is the champ.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote