View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #101
wiggins

Re: Square body extended cabs

I Own a 87' exted crew cab dually. It has 454ci and power evrything. its a white truck with marron leather int. The back seat is just a lay down seat(like in a van) though, no jumper seats. Thay may have been changed out, who knows. I am doing a partial restoration on it as we speak. I have repaired the cracked body work on the top of the cab and have repainted it back white. I added a cowl hood to it as well. Next I am going to have the interior reupholsterd and slap some new tires and rims on it. Not doing a super nice job(not show car) bc I bought it with the intention of hauling my other cars around to shows with it. I did buy it a few years ago in Arlinton from a fireman there. He told me it was built by a company in Arlington, but he was not the original owner. He had only been using it to haul his Rv. It actually had a brand new set of Michelins that were dry rotted(he never drove it), but I drove it home anyway. I'll try to get some pics up soon. Rare86 my truck has plexiglass in the rear windows. Was this standard on these and if so can they be replaced with glass. I have had one shop tell me they could'nt cut the glass bc it follwed the curve of the truck and was not flat.