View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #1393
1badgmc

Re: How about some pics of 73-91 crew cabs

So, I've been watching the thread for a while. I guess I can join in, huh?

Here's mine. It's an '88 Centurion Conversion. My dad bought it brand new. He had a '75 regular cab dually before this one. Before taking delivery of the truck in August of '88, we went to the Centurion shop in Michigan and actually saw the truck in progress on the line. It was delivered in August of '88 with 12 miles on the odometer. It has 80,000 now, but unfortunately it's condition makes it look more like 180,000. When I was in high school, I kept the truck cleaned and waxed for my dad. My payment for the detailing was to be allowed to take the truck out on the weekends sometimes. After I went off to college, my dad didn't pick up the slack and the truck quickly went downhill. The paint is shot and the dash pad is history. It's in need of a lot of restoration work. After going through 3 transmissions, my dad swapped in a 5-speed about 10 years ago.

I have the parts to do the '89-'91 GMC grille swap. All except for the headlights. I was going to go with Celebrity Eurosport headlights when I bought all the parts, but now that we can get the clear conversion lights that take the capsule bulbs, I think I'll go that route. I want to get rid of all the conversion doo-dads and move the airhorns under the hood. A 6/8 static drop, some 19" or 22" semi wheels and a paint job are about as far as I want to go with this one for mods.

This is my dad's old '75 dually. I saw it just a few months ago and snapped these shots. 22 years after my dad got rid of it, it's still on the road. It's always good to see.

Last edited by 1badgmc; 06-08-2010 at 04:48 PM.