View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #51
64c20crewcab

Re: My Build - PROJECT "CREW CHIEF"

As always it's a "slow roll" for this project. Setbacks n such but it will be all worth the time n effort. Not going for show or full restore but progress is progress...

Painted the new motor a while back with POR-15 silver then their Chevy orange top coat which did not cover well. Took the motor down to bare metal and started over. Again I did not like the results. So I scuffed down to the silver base n used rattle can Dupli-Color high temp for the orange topcoat. This I like!

Frame rails got 2 coats of the POR-15 gloss black and dusted with satin black rattle can. Firewall was treated with the same satin black. Will worry bout filling fire wall holes when I do body work at a later stage.

Cross member and front suspension is clean but will only get quick rattle can job. No $$ for the disc brake upgrade at the moment and the beast needs to get back on the road for a bit. So it is what it is - for now....

Will proceed with the motor bolt-on's this weekend. then to start work on the long stepside bed I picked up recently for a few pennies!
Attached Images

1964 C20 Long Stepside 3 Door Crew Cab
- Armbruster-Stageway Conversion

Y2K INDN Chief

"ONE OF A KIND, NOT ONE OF THE CROWD"
Aug 2010 - Front end frame cleanup & engine swap done!!!
June 2011 - Rear end bagged
Sept 2011 - Rebuild motor top end
Sept 2012 - Parked and slowly working on it.
Aug 2013 - Front end bagged - finally!
Aug 2014 - Stepside swap conversion done. Finally ready to start bodywork! Have a few KEWL ideas...
Here is my build thread:
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=335427
64c20crewcab is offline   Reply With Quote