Thread: Project '57 2WD
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #94
blackdiesel

Re: Project '57 2WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon ratrod View Post
lookin good!! mine not so much! tree landed on the box and destroyed the right boxside.I sure like the way yours is turning out!
MAN! that SUCKS!! however, i do indeed have you beat. (I hate telling this story but in order to make you feel like you got off easy, i will.)

A couple years ago when we were building dad's 57, we had it in the shop between our two post lift. It wasnt on the lift, just setting between it because we needed the space elseware for one of my other projects. Earler that day we were working on the carburator trying to get it running right, but it would still idle high. Also working on the latches, so the doors were left wide open. We were close enough to being done dad went down THAT DAY and bought insurance and tags. Well we had recently got it running (through open headers of course and it sounded great) Dad had been working on the gauges and in order to get the cluster out he pulled the shifter out of park and slid it into reverse. Slapped the gauges back in, left it in reverse. One of my buddies came over that night and i was like you need to hear this. I reached through the window to crank it so i could still controll the throttle on the carb (didnt have the spring installed yet, didnt want it to overrevv....) well it sure enough popped right off, choke was set, so it was idling at like 1500 freakin rpm.... still in reverse.... cherrped the tires and went backwards at like mach 2, the lift caught the doors just as i gathered enough sense to shut the key off and it pulled the doors into the front fenders, pulled the hinges out of the cab. the doors wouldnt even get within 3 feet of the latch. there were creases in the fenders about 2 inches deep. Ohh yea, it was painted too....

I set down and cried.. Made me sick for months. Didnt work on it again for over 4 months. It still hurts to talk about it.

Well hope you feel better now. Dont give up. Get back after it once you quit throwing up...
'57 2wd change
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...light=speedway

Last edited by blackdiesel; 06-10-2010 at 11:02 PM.
blackdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote