View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #272
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I love my stud gun! I purchased it from my Cornwell tool guy. But I think you can get one at harbour freight. IDK how well those hold up though. Great progress on the body work!

I don't want to try to hijack your thread............. But I am curious: The paint you used on your shop floor, dose it fill any crater like holes in the concrete? Just curious as my concrete isn't perfect and tryng to think of any way to help it out.
Thanks for the feedback. The floor paint will not fill anything. We used some vynil concrete floor patch on the chipped out areas on one side of the garage, and just painted the chipped areas on the other. Time will tell how the patch material holds. Not a lot of traffic in them spots. I think they chip out from moisture getting in cracks by rocks in the concrete, then when the unheated garage floor freezes, it cracks the cement and leaves the hole. Maybe the floor paint will seal the concrete enough to prevent moisture from getting in small cracks and causing problems.

One huge benefit to the painted floor is lighting. It is much brighter in there now and better to work in.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote