View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #281
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

I went by the shop today. The truck has the doors hung & is just sitting there waiting on glass. The glass guy has what he needs; we're just waiting on windshield seals that I was told I'd have by Wednesday. I got the 'cab kit' w/all the door & cab weatherstrip needed for assembly.

I grabbed all the door hardware & brought it home. After work tomorrow I plan to thoroughly clean everything & see how many of the existing parts I can re-use (I got hit w/2K in unexpected expenses in the last week so no power windows for now).

I sourced the cab insulation (Hush mat) & should have it early next week. I still need to order a carpet kit but I can @ least get started prepping for the interior re-assembly. No final decision on the gauges but still leaning heavily toward an aftermarket 6-gauge set-up in the OE cluster bezel.

I sprayed the air-ride control panel w/some VHT wrinkle finish paint. It turned out decent & I'll possibly use that finish on more items before it's all said & done.

I'll also be calling some local sandblast places this week & see if I can swing getting the chassis parts uniform. It makes the painted parts look so much better . . .....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote