Thread: deal resolved
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #25
laplander

Re: deal resolved

The Paypal bounce/refund thing comes into play after he sent payment. Paypal does not instantly withdraw the money out of your account when you send payment that it is linked to your checking account, even though you have instant access to it. When you pay via credit card with paypal, then it goes thru instantly, but not with checking. So after he sent payment with Paypal, I withdrew the money into my account. Then he notifed me that the bank returned the charge from Paypal for insufficient funds. Then he mailed a m.o. that I got on the 15th. Then it was deposited and the bank was aked to notify me when it cleared. During this time Paypal does an investigation into the payment that was returned. Paypal notifed me on the 23rd that yes, it had bounced, they had investigated and that was all they could do since I never sent them the tracking info, which is what Donald asked me to do. Then they notifed me that they were going to have to debit my checking account, because the money that he had originally sent me thru them, I had deposited into my bank account. So then the m.o. cleared and they withdrew the money from my checking, back into the Paypal account to bring it up to zero. Once he had sent me notice that his payment from Paypal had bounced, I wasn't going to do anything until all of this was squared away, because if I had shipped these seats after Paypal had done their investigation and the m.o. turned out to be fraudulent, then I would have been completely SOL.

Paypal works at their own lesiurely pace and they play by their own rules, if I could have figured out a way to have sped this whole headache up, believe me, I would have. The last two weeks of the delay were my fault because of being asked to stay longer and get training finished up, but the first 6 weeks were eaten up by dealing with the payment mess. In hindsight, what I should have done was just cancelled the deal once he notifed me of the payment bouncing because this has been the biggest headache I have ever had. My biggest beef with this was him blasting me on here, but failing to mention ANYTHING about the bounced payment, and then having the nads to post my personal information on here. There are certain lines you do not cross, and to me, he crossed them by pulling that stunt.

When the part was sold, I was available for shipping, but it was 19 days after the auction that the m.o. arrived and then I had to wait to make sure that thing cleared, because Paypal was going to debit that back out of my account, because his original payment was turned away at his bank, even though I was able to deposit it in mine.

Think of it this way...............

Say I wrote you a $500.00 check for something, you deposited it and wrote a check for that amount to someone else. Then I call you and say that check is no good. Now it is going to take a while to go between the two banks, but when my check is finally turned away, you are in the negative and the check you wrote is going to bounce as well. Then I send you a m.o. to cover it. Are you going to immediately think it's over and done with, or are you going to make sure it clears before you send me my item? Same thing here, only with Paypal, it takes longer............
laplander is offline   Reply With Quote