View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #248
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Completely frustrated right now. I went over to the lot and I was supposed to move it to another area, but it wouldn't start. It wasn't getting gas, then the battery was dying. So I get some gas and jumper cables and it pops off for a bit and dies, over and over. Kind of how it was acting before. I'm pretty sure it's getting gas, but acts like it's only firing on one or 2 cylinders. Played with the timing, looked over the vacuum connections again, no luck. I quit trying before I poured gas all over it and lit 'er up.

I need to just start the body swap, and get my rebuilt short block ready to go and quit trying to dick around with a bad engine. I've been working on the C-10 body work lately and trying to get it ready for paint. I'm hoping to have it painted this summer, and get it back together before winter. Then the jimmy goes into the garage for some real work.

I'm also in the middle of refinancing and possibly buying another lot to build a new shop on. I found out today about another building that might be for sale that would make a good storage building, but too big to heat.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 06-15-2010 at 07:56 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote