View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #949
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's 4dr Tahoe Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
I have a cab you could have im sure its a drive for ya but its free if you want it..
Thanks for the offer but it is a bit of a drive. I have a few connections around this area I will be in contact with once I make my mind up.

Ok guys here is the basic run down of my current thoughts.

Pull the LT1 and 700R4 in favor of the 05 Vortec 5.3L with 4L60. It will have more pulling power for towing and now I will have the availability of power adders as well.

Cap off the back of the 4 door tahoe and turn it into a crew cab, smooth the fire wall and paint it to match lowbuk and add trim to all 4 doors. Then once it is ready to drop on to the frame I will then pull lowbuk into the shop and remove the cab, front end, motor and trans and then cut the frame under the cab and graft in the tahoe's front half of the frame to give me the longer wheelbase (33") and keep the C4 dropmember set up allowing me to use the new rims from the tahoe as well.

After the frame of welded up and painted I will drop the Vortec and trans in place, drop on the completed cab, LowBuk front sheet metal and be almost back on the road.

Then to get the rear rims to fit I will have my axels re-drilled and ditch the leafs in favor of 3/4T trailing arms, bags and a Porter Trailing arm crossmember.

I will keep the front buckets and second row bench out of the tahoe for the crew cab and reuse the Vintage, gauge cluster, tilt column and brake booster from LowBuk. I will re-wire the cab before placing it on the frame (lowBuk needs to be re-wired bad) and to finish it off I will also use Reno's AccuAir system to control my new ride height. The crew will not sit as low as the tahoe does because I want to keep a full bed but it will drop about 3" lower then it is now doe to the C-notch that was put in it during the first go around.

So now give me some feed back

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote