View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #15
hootendooter

Re: Post your 1960-66 STEPSIDES

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
The fog lights are Unity brand. I found this pair on eBay for less than $50. They are aprroximately 1970 vintage.

I run them all the time the headlights are on, and the parking lights are wired to stay on as well. It makes the truck highly visible from long distances. As fog lights, they do offer some help, but are only about 1/3 as effective as a pair of PIAA lamps. Since they are somewhat low power old fashioned sealed beams, the bulbs last over 5 years with constant usage.

I don't know if these were ever a dealer installed option, but the spotlights were, and are also Unity brand. I also have a set of NOS Unity back up lights which will soon be added along side the rear license plate, shining back through the dip in the center of the bumper. I've always had a passion for Unity accessories. They made very high quality items and were very popular when I was a kid.

Here's a couple of close up photos.

They look AWESOME.....I have found a new set on Bowtiebits.com for $60.00...

http://www.bowtiebits.com/store/stor...roduct_ID=2395

..... but I am really trying to keep my 66 C-10 as original as possible and will be looking for some Unity Lights.......Thanks for the info!
hootendooter is offline   Reply With Quote