View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #8
RandyP
Getting Old; Going Broke

Re: 1978 Silverado Epic Technology Frame Off Restoration

Every state will have a law saying you must have signal lamps front and rear, and side marker lamps. If nothing else every state will have the catch all of "vehicles must have similar equipment and safety devices as they were built with".
However, I have seen headlamps that have a built in turn signal. I believe I seen them on an old VW bug years and years ago, was an aftermarket solution so they could remove their teardrop fender mounted signals.
Also another solution is to do a flush mounted LED lamp system for side/turn lamps. It is a very poplar thing to do on motorcycles right now. Basically get the LED lamp/lens fitting flush, do body work and primer to make it perfectly seamless and more or less ghosted in. You can even put a light layer of paint on it to help hide it, but once turned on the LED's show through. I've seen my custom motorcycle painter friend do lots of them, and the results are awesome.

The green truck, without the front signal lamps, just looks like a lot of real estate below the headlamp. Reminds me of the 3/4 and 1 ton heavy duty trucks in the 90's that had a huge filler below the grille and on top of the bumper.
I love the looks of the orange truck, sleek and functional. It's a give and take thing making one a show truck, yet a driver as well.
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote