View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #282
OrrieG

Re: Lurker OrrieG Progress Pics

Stopped by the paint store to pick up some Rage and price paint. Glad I took my heart meds this morning. Sealer, BC/CC in Dupont Chroma color is going to be over 1K for Blue for the body, firewall and dash and Silver for the cab interior. We talked about options but the paint is what it is $520 a gallon for the blue. I could save some on the clear but there were two painters in there that said the cheapo only last 4-5 years, I plan on keeping the truck and basically don't want to touch the paint for at least 10-12. Looks like it will be in primer for a while. I'm going to the PPG store for a second opinion. Also looked at TCPglobal "restoration" but some folks online are complaining about the clear holding up over time. I did get my new guns bought, Devilbiss Starting line set with prime, finish and touchup guns.

This week end will get the bed sides, front panel and tailgate body work done. May also get the hood pulled out of storage and attack it, if memory is right there are no dents just stripping and priming and blocking.

Last edited by OrrieG; 07-02-2010 at 12:17 PM.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote