View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 09:58 AM   #33
rdm1208

Re: New Suburban Project

BGRAFX: Thanks. The wheels are 20 x 8.5 front and 20x9.5 rear, think it is a standard offset and no ther choices. I had to use a 1.25" wheel spacer on the rear to get the wheels out far enough. The front i had to use a .5" spacer with special lugnuts that went down inside the wheel a little. Maybe not special but was hard to find around here. I am not sure if my front wheels were the older hub style but either way it worked good. The tires are 245/40/20 front and 275/40/20 rear. The front will rub a little on BIG bumps but not to bad. I bought the wheels from a local vendor, the cost was $1300 out the door, complete package.

I used the western chassis kit front and rear and then thru on some slam air bags on the back to help out a little. I didnt notch the frame and the bags were just enough so the axel didnt hit the frame. I also used 1" lift shackles on the back becuase the full flip kit was to low and not level.

If I had to do it over again the only thing I would change is not buying the shocks from Western Chassis, they made the burb ride like a cement truck. Once I took those off it rides like a cadillac.
rdm1208 is offline   Reply With Quote