View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #199
Thealien

Re: Show your motor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleuh1 View Post
The Alien, you got an air cleaner hooked up yet. Been thinking about using the stock intake tubing myself. I can't get the engine driven fan on with the rad hose where its at, and can't use the stock 5.3 upper rad hose with the intake tube i have on now. Also, how'd you go to the larger hose end on the upper radiator on drivers side. You'll really like how the truck runs with the Vortec in it. I know I do.
Just using a 4" K&N on the factory intake tubing for now. I am awaiting a small bend to adapt something a little different. Eventually I will move the battery to the drivers side and I will try and use the stock airbox.

I had a local radiator shop change the inlet and outlet to the correct size and added a steam port so I could use the factory radiator hoses.

My clutch fan hits the shroud if I put even the slightest pressure on it. I may have a solution but don't want to say anything until I try it out.

I had a troublesome lean bank 1 code that nobody could diagnose. Most thought intake leak so we smoked the motor. Even with about 10 lbs there was no leak. Another tuner suggested an O2 sensor and there were some eratic O2 readings so I replaced it and still lean bank 1 **&^^%$$##%^&!! The local tuner said cylinders 1 & 3 were not firing. We were getting spark and an injector pulse. He was thinking an obstruction in the intake (maybe a rag or tape left on?). I replaced 2 of the injectors at the 1 & 3 location and this is what they looked like

They are pretty nasty inside also. I am going to replace the other 6 with the rest of the ones I got on ebay that look new and only have about 100 miles on them. Even with the two bad cylinders (and the other 6 can't be at 100%) it ran better than it ever has. Yesterday I drove it for about 50-60 miles after replacing those 2 injectors and it does drive nice. Plenty of power, sounds good, cruises at 80 at about 2500 RPMs.

If you have any other questions might want to PM after posting as I don't always go back to some threads and might miss it.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote