View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 02:23 AM   #99
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: 71 Blazer "Finishing Touches"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourkraut View Post
that is a nice paint booth! i plan on doing the same in half of my garage when ever it gets to that point??? is the truck in the back ground yours also, looks nice!
Thanks...we were going to do it in the garage, but the lift is just too much in the way to give good room to walk around it.
The truck in the background WAS mine....now It's Jason...the guy who's helping me with the blazer. Check out the link to the LWB patina build in my signature line below. I will keep updating the thread as he/we continue to work on it. The cool thing is he said I can drive it whenever I want still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
wow lol HUGE!

looks nice, im suprized you of all people dont have the hookups to a paint booth? I cant wait to see the blazer in color! Love the longbed in the back.
Thanks...I checked but no open booths....know a couple guys but the companies just invested in new booths for water based paint and aren't allowing side work any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
I like the paint booth! I actually just finished setting up my friends booth in my shop. It is somewhat flimsy, 3/4" pvc. But, since it's inside I think it will work out okay, I will find out early in the morning. Laying paint on the 86 project.

Hope to see some color on your blazer pretty quick too
Plan is primer tomorrow and then block sanding....then sealer, paint, and clear Thursday. We'll see.

Painted a few more small pieces today and got a good part of the truck taped off. Jason's going to finish taping it in the morning and then shoot it with primer.

Last edited by VA72C10; 07-07-2010 at 02:46 AM.
VA72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote