View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #43
EVBuilder

Re: F word project stands in the way.

I thought I would post one of the things that went wrong and maybe someone else will learn from my mistake. Above on this page there is a picture of the epoxy primer I used on this Bronco. Shortly after I bought it the can was knocked off a bench while I was out. when I came back there was a puddle on the floor. I was upset that I lost some primer but didn't think anything more about it. When I opened the can to use it I discovered there was about a quart gone. What I didn't realize was that what leaked out was the oils in the paint leaving the the paint solids still intact. So when i activated it as per the instructions it was far too thick and the pot life reduced. It sprayed so poorly that it took over 2 hours to get one coat on. By then the paint was curing in the can making it even thicker. So consequently I was only able to get half the gallon on the truck making blocking nearly impossible. So what would have been sanded straight and smooth was rough and the body work shows way more than I thought it should. Live and learn as they say. Keep your paint products in a safe place.
EVBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote