View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #25
Clear Image (Dan)

Re: 68-72 Header Group Buy

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I understand the cost is higher than many of you are use to seeing for headers. There is a significant difference in quality. So much so, I offer a lifetime warranty on our headers. I don't think the Ebay companies, Jegs, Summit, etc will do the same. This of course does not cover rust but if, at any time, a weld were to crack, a tube split, etc we take care of it. Consider we have close, if not more than, 2,000 customers out there running our mild steel headers. This dates back 10 years now. We have done exactly 9 repairs. That's less than .5% failure rate. I'm pretty happy with that.

I don't normally offer this sort of thing, but it may help some of you get into these headers for more savings.

We polish every clamp mark and do 100% welds around both sides of the header flange. Most companies do not polish the clamps marks and either weld the face of the flange only, without finish porting or grinding flat, or do just a couple small stitch welds on the outside. If we were to NOT do the extra welding, grinding, and porting and NOT polish the clamp marks, it would shave $48.00 off the top. I say I don't usually offer to this because we have the repuation of being the absolute best in the markets we support. However, considering the lower cost headers currently available, I am pretty confident we will still come in at the top of the charts.

Other than that there really isn't anywhere else to cut-back and still offer, what we consider to be, a high quality product.

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks.

Last edited by Clear Image (Dan); 07-17-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Clear Image (Dan) is offline   Reply With Quote