View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #6
joebuick

Re: csb 350 head swap?

Hey kmjohanson,, Dual quads are neat looking and will make the troops show a little respect for the abilities of your truck,,,,, but,,,,, you are going to pay for that at the gas pump, especially if you are like most of us that like to goose em every now and them. And prolly more now than then Ha! A word of caution on the camel hump heads. There are camel humps that make decent HP and there are camel humps that make great HP. I do not have my list here in front of me but you can go to Mortec.com and look at what they have listed and you will see which ones you want to look for. a whole lot of the camel humps used the small (1.86) intake valves and did not have too great a chamber design. Intake runner size was also not the best. Since you are looking to use the dual quad setup, I figure you are serious about making some serious HP, in which case I would look for some good flowing heads with the 2.02 valves and 64 Cc chambers such as "290", 414,040, 186, 291, 461, 461X or better yet some bowtie heads. These cast iron heads are in GREAT demand by the circle track guys and will be hard to locate in good condition and good PRICE as lots of them have been ruined by people hogging them out and not knowing what they were doing and actually hurt the flow numbers. Your best bet may be a good set of aluminum heads that already have the good chamber and intake runner design. The secret to making serious HP in a SBC is with a good set of cylinder heads. Don't forget, with that much fuel going into your engine, you will also need a cam with some good numbers to take care of opening those valves for maximum HP. What kind of pistons did you use in your rebuild? Good luck Joe r
joebuick is offline   Reply With Quote