View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #17
charx2

Re: "My wife now hates me" build. 383 stroked and bagged

Also, can someone give me some advice. I'm sure I need to rebuild my carburator, but my truck never smoked. I installed the gas pedal bracket that holds the linkage on. It was being held on with a nail. I then adjusted the idle and fiddled with the 2 screws in front. I closed the left and turned it 3 turns, then did the same to the right to make it match, well now it smokes. I'm not a mechanic, I'm learning as I go but is there a way I possibly could of blown a ring or something when I adjusted the carb? It's in pretty bad shape I think. When I got it, it had a cheap air filter and the housing had a huge hole in the front for a hose or something. Well it was not being plugged so that was all unfiltered air going in for god knows how long. It was also all dingy, and I left it without the filter on for like a month, didn't run it during that time but I think that may have the float sticking. Any advice would be very appreciated. Thanks for following guys, you all keep me motivated through all the *****ing my old lady does.
charx2 is offline   Reply With Quote