View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #17
joebuick

Re: csb 350 head swap?

Yeah, you can't beat a tunnel ram with dual quads for top end HP as far as carburation is concerned. I have read some pretty impressive articles on the latest fuel injection setups but that is a horse of a different color.
Was the corvette manifold they tested a single four or an early style dual quad? 56 and 57's had dual quads, dual plane and also the early camaros with the "cross ram" which was also a dual plane, dual quad design. Same for the early big block Fords, Hemis and even the Pontiacs and Cadillacs. I do not remember seeing a dual quad, single plane manifold until the professional engine builders started making their own "sheetmetal" manifolds which resembled the tunnell rams but with shorter runners. The Victor Jr may have been the first single plane I saw. Wait,,,I think maybe the "Ramchargers" of Dodge fame made their own tunnell ram back in the mid 50's,,,, not for sure as my memory improves as I get younger,,,!!!
I didn't know that AFR took over Brownfield but is good to know as I have been considering to contact AFR to see if I can send them my heads for some updating. Mine do not have the good heart shaped chamber which is the ultimate at this point in time. Mine are aluminum with the 58 Cc chambers and 2.08/1.60 valves with 1.550 dual springs. They have all the good stuff but i would still like to have that good chamber design.
joebuick is offline   Reply With Quote