View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #11
greguw

Re: 1990 GMC Suburban ... Cummins Powered

Even with a K30 frame these trucks flex like crazy ... With the cummins weight and viberation the stock rivets seem to come loose in about 10k . This is my latest and greatest build ... Its last one also .
I owned a body shop that did custom 4x4's ... I have moved into another business , not as much of a passion but the money is there .
The springs that are coming for this build are custom Deaver springs . they will leave the axle in the stock location but are longer in the rear for a better ride . There also built to hold the weight of the cummins ... I think there going with 12 leafs in the front .
As for the crossmember I Had some much more stuff to fab I just called Scott from Tenn Conversions ... mostlly for the mounts but I got the crossmember ... I'm going to modify his mount a little bit , I need to clearance for the sterring crossover .
I completely removed the front crossmember ... thats getting mini "I" beam thats nice a low profile to clear the balancer .
I am also boxing the front horns and its getting a box steel crossmember in the forward area also .
I'll keep ya posted !
greguw is offline   Reply With Quote