View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #1394
SCOTI

Re: Do you need '64-'66 Chevy Truck Parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGRAFX View Post
I don't personally know Tony but I do live in KC. I will see if I can find out anything but I will say that as a vendor on this site myself I had a few customers that I shipped products too and they said they didn't receive them. So I gladly reshipped new products, 2guys said they didn't receive them the 2nd time, then wanted to degrade me on this forum.
So you going to hassle someone then degrade there business when you don't even know why you haven't received your discounted 40yr old original parts. The alternative is go to lmc brothers or classic pay twice as much and get it in a couple of weeks and it won't fit anyways. Either way you're still going to complain.
While it's not a perfect system, nobody (purchasee or vendor) should be tarred & feathered until after all the facts are presented.

I have been on the wrong end of a deal w/a highly respected/loved board member. When I complained about no parts & lack of communication, I was called out. That's just not right.

People have paid money in good faith for parts.
Usually, the expectation from both sides is prompt payment & shipping.
If the seller gets the money, the purchaser has done their part until the part arrives & they leave follow-up/courtesy details.

I've done multiple transactions w/Tony. While his 'delivery' was slower than desired (no disrespect intended), I always got my part. To have slow delivery (or none) w/o an explanation to the customer in any business, regardless of the new or used status, is not good business.

I'm hoping a local visit w/Tony from someone close enough will either provide the necessary info or perhaps get him back on here to explain the situation to those w/the complaints. Let's hope he's ok!
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 08-03-2010 at 12:16 PM.