View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #365
Bruce88

Re: It’s Just A Pickup

It just fits with some hangover
Reminds me of my belt on my pants (smile)

I have a 4 foot by 8 foot flatbed small utility trailer that Ill be using to transport the cab to body and paint and it just fits.

I made some stands out of some scrap metal to set the cab and radiator support at the same height or relationship as if the cab and support was on the frame mounts, this sets it up so I can set all the fit and fair of all the panels.

Still need to make some minor adjustments to fit and fair but I think I’m just about as close as I’m going to get it to factory fit requirements. There’s going to be some areas that are not going to fall within tolerance and I’m just going to live with them (it’s not a show truck) (smile).

A tip that you might find of benefit. Some people have trouble getting the aft end of the hood to sit down flush with the cowl and fenders. Try loosening the three bolts on the hinge to fender on both sides and have someone push the open hood up. You’ll see the hinge go up in the front and down in the back on the fender a small amount, tighten the bolts in this position. Be ready to adjust the hood forward the above adjustment will move the hood aft and you’ll probably need to, for hood to cowl clearance.

A few tie down straps over the cross boards and its ready to go down the road, it will probably be an interesting sight that you don’t see every day.

Name:  Trailer-Jig-1.jpg
Views: 5013
Size:  94.6 KB

Name:  Trailer-Jig-2.jpg
Views: 5062
Size:  96.9 KB

Name:  Trailer-Jig-3.jpg
Views: 5042
Size:  82.5 KB

Name:  Trailer-Jig-4.jpg
Views: 5041
Size:  56.8 KB

There are a few things I want to do before sending it off to body and paint but not many, so I guess I’d better get out there and find a body and paint shop that I want to do the work. It’s almost ready. Yes the grill will be removed before going to body and paint it’s just there to check fit.

Enjoy your build