View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
arkracing
Weekend Warrior

92 Sierra ECSB - Pics included

I picked up this '92 ECSB about a month ago with no motor in it. The kid bought it for the engine as someone put a carbed one in. Luckily the harness wasn't cut or mangled etc. They even used the In-tank pump.

It's a clean truck originally from MO then lived in AZ for a while before coming all the way to MASS about 2 years ago. Rot Free which is HUGE here in New England. Lots of dings/dents, but still presentable.

I traded the factory Aluminum Mags for Cash & the stock steels which have excellent rubber on them (the Mags were well worn).

The truck had a rebuilt 700R4 in it when I got it. I picked up a junk truck with a nice running TBI350 - pulled it apart and found out it was a Jasper rebuild or something similar with very few miles on it. It looked like new inside and was a .030over & 4bolt main. The motor ended up costing me $200 after junking the rest of the truck.

Re-gasketed the motor, paint, tune up, etc. etc. all for saftey sake.

Also found out it has a Belltech lowering kit already installed (I think they are 3" front and 4" rear shackle kit). I need to raise the front up though, the front shocks are still stock and there is no "bounce" at all. I also need to tow a car trailer, so I might have to raise the back as well.

I'd like to re-paint it, but it is a budget beater work truck. I guess it will stay as is for now anyway.

I'm into it less than $1100 for everything (Including Engine & Tuneup etc) so I'm staying on track for a budget truck.

Future plans: Re-paint the wheels, Raise it a little, get matching tinted EC windows, Fix the headliner, New grille (current is broken), And Drive it.

Pics: (First one is when I first got it with the mags and no motor)

-'69 Chevy C30 Mason Dump

-'33Ford P/U 396ChevyPowered

Last edited by arkracing; 08-07-2010 at 08:51 PM.
arkracing is offline   Reply With Quote