View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 04:55 PM   #565
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackattack View Post
I still have a lot of pedal to travel, so if I needed more volume, i still have more pedal. However, I just can't push it down that far due to lack of pressure.

BTW the 96 camaros (vehicle I got the rear calipers off of) also had a 1" bore MC. The area of the front pistons is very close to what my area is. (LT1 camaros used a single piston caliper in the front)

I may need an adjustable proportioning valve. Right now I have a CPP disc/disc non adjustable proportioning valve.
The LT1 cars used the small piston metric caliper in the front. You probably have the large piston D52 style caliper on the front of your truck so the smaller 1" bore LT1 sized master may not be right for you. I would stick with the 1-1/8" one you have.

I think you might be on the right track with the booster replacement. The one in my Blazer was going out and took a bunch of effort to get it to stop. You couldn't push hard enough on it to lock the brakes up.

With the new booster installed it only took a couple toes on the pedal to lock the brakes up.

I am thinking of replacing the 72 Suburban booster on my 67 K10 with one from a mid 90's S-10 Blazer. It has four threaded mount studs on the back of the booster so it should be pretty simple to make it fit the bell crank setup mount of the 72 Suburban booster setup. Just have to modify the pedal rod on the Blazer booster so it can connect to the bell crank parts. Looks pretty straight forward though.

I could always make a new mount setup for the Blazer booster where it just lines up straight with the pedal connection point. I will have to mock that up this weekend and see if there is enough clearance to do that.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote