View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 03:21 AM   #1
CrazyJesster

thinkin about a LSx

ok ive posted about a million things i want for my 82. ive recently started looking into the ls engines. i really cant make up my mind on what i want. i see alot of things being done to the ls motors. 402s 408s 427s just to name a few ive even seen 383 builds out of a 5.3. and people loved them so at a local wrecking yard. ive found a 5.3 for sale for 500$ its got 160k on it but if im going to rebuild it. that dont bother me at all then ive also found. at a wrecking yard a few miles away a 6.0. for 650$ with 130k on it so its a toss up here. ive spoken to some people on other forums who have 408s. and a guy even has a 5.3 done into a 383 he loves it. he says its alot of fun i myself have always wanted a 383. since i rode in the 81 camaro with one i even had the guy. that had the 408 said the 383 whould present some nice power. but he also stated when worked right the 6.0 could get 550 close to 600hp. boy that whould be a fun street toy so anyway

i have a th350 in the 82 an i whould probily use it for now.

so some questions are what type of pain is it to do this swap
what are we looking at money wise with harness an stuff

i thought of no better place to ask then this site because im sure people have found work arounds. i know there will need some fabbed brackes from what i seen in one thread.

anyway what are some of your thoughts and opinions