View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
68C10HotRod

Rain Sensing Wipers?

Have a '08 Z71 Tahoe. Overall, love the truck. But ....

I have to ask - does anyone else think this option SUCKS or what? I can't believe how inconsistently they operate. Half the time I have to turn the delay ring just to move them because the sensor doesn't think it needs to swipe - BS, I can't see. Other times it swipes within seconds when it's on the slowest setting & hardly a few drops on the glass. I can handle too often over loss of safety by NOT running when they should.

They really need to allow the delay action to work as the DEFAULT speed & only swipe if it senses MORE rain. The stupid thing is a hazard when it won't swipe without you changing it constantly.

Is there any way to disable the rain sensor & get it to just use the delay like the OLD days?

Off my soapbox now - LOL. Sorry, just hate it when they go a little TOO FAR with technology & jack stuff up instead.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” - Benjamin Franklin
"And those who know what's best for us, Must rise and save us from ourselves" - RUSH lyric (mockery)
68C10HotRod is offline   Reply With Quote