View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #25
Tinker1980

Re: 1989 S-10, wrecked... Scrap or Repair?

Sorry I've been quiet lately. Lots of good advice here, but unfortunately, we aren't keeping/repairing the little truck. After this last few weeks I was just happy to see it go. I think it will be fixed and back on the road. We replaced it with something that has a backseat, cause I have a 10 year old and it's hard having to either cram myself, my wife, and my kid into a fullsize truck with a stickshift, or into the little S-10. (It didn't have the backseats in it) We found a good deal on an '88 Isuzu Trooper. When I brought it home, my wife wouldn't have been happier if I'd come home with a $120,000 Land Rover.

For those who may sneer at that choice, don't knock it. We've taken it on a couple of trails. It has a 2.6 4 cylinder, automatic, manual hubs, rear locker, 4.56 gears, and 31x10.5x15" tires. It's incredible what it will go through/over/up/down. The second time we made a serious effort to get it stuck and we couldn't do it. Put it in 4-Low and it will climb anything... eventually. (Top speed in Low is about 20 MPH.) Both times we've gone off the pavement with it we had to use it to get someone out of some hole. We're starting to call it the Jeep Rescue Vehicle.
Tinker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote