View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #56
hotrod_991

Re: 77 longbed "overbudget" build

we finally was able to get some work done on the chevy yesterday. I got the motor pulled out and started clean it back up, going to set it on the stand today then pull the cam out and change the oil pan gasket and check my mains after wiping a lobe and lifter out hoping i dont find too much crap down low. have to change the leaky pan gasket anyway.

Got the trans pan off last night and cleaned it all up repianted it and changed the filter and gasket so will be all fresh when goes back in.

Then before it can go back to gether I have to get the engine bay cleaned up. got 30 some years of grime in there. Oh and thinking I might clip the springs while I have everything already out too. get the front down a few inches then work on the back after everything is done. I got alot of work to do before she is street ready again but finally have a good trans so looking forward to knowing what my motor is really capable of.
Attached Images

"of course it will hold!, I welded it!"

1977 c10 under knife for full rebuild, 5.3l 4l60e drive rain swap, replacement frame and green repaint
hotrod_991 is offline   Reply With Quote