View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
Stitch
Account Suspended

Streetrod Farm Truck build..."the Diesel"

So, I thought I'd make a build thread on the diesel. Here's a little background on how I got the diesel.

A good buddy of mine had the diesel for sale for $2500. He couldn't sell it because it has a 6.2 in it and no one wanted it for that price. Well, I talked to him one day about it and he told me I could have it for less than that and I jumped on it. It had a torn seat, missing headliner and trim, but it started right up and ran like a champ. I had fallen in love with this truck when he first got it and had always told him that I wanted it, but he liked it too much to get rid of it. Well, he got a rock crawler and needed some money for more parts for it, so I got it. He also had taken the carpet out, because it was torn up really bad and he wanted to show of the clean floorboards. Well, fast forward 2 years.

I have installed sound deadener on the floor and back wall and installed ACC carpet and used sill plates. I want to exchange the plastic sill plates with the stainless ones. I acquired an ABS headliner board and covered and installed it. Also, got some headliner trim, dyed it and installed it. Besides doing maintenance on the diesel, I have done nothing else besides drive the wheels off it. I would drive this truck anywhere and have driven it many many places.

EDIT: Pics posted in post #16

Last edited by Stitch; 08-25-2010 at 07:45 PM.