View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
Stitch
Account Suspended

Re: Streetrod Farm Truck build..."the Diesel"

This weekend I'm trading my ccsb for Josh's (1972supercheyenne) 20" Coys and I'm also trading him a factory restored '86 front clip for his '91 burb clip. I will be installing both of these on the diesel.

Well, you can't have 20s on a stock height truck, so I rang up NORCAL SS on here and ordered DJM 3" sprindles and a DJM flip kit. I'm gonna have the front end apart for the spindle replacement and my front end is extremely sloppy, so I went to Oreilley's and ordered up new upper and lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, steering arm, upper and lower control arm bushings. I have an extra set of control arms, so I took them down to my buddy's machine shop and had them stripped and sand blasted. I need to paint them and take them back so we can get them new bushings put in. Also, since I'm gonna have the 20s on the truck and you can see those ugly drum brakes in the rear so well, I ordered a rear disc kit from Blackbirds.

Future plans for the truck include lowering, Coys, 91 burb clip, boltless bumpers front and rear, buckets and a console, new windshield and solid back window, one piece windows, and enhanced original paint so to speak

And because I do custom streetrod interiors for a living, it'll have full blown doors, headliner, and seats. I'm debating on whether to put an older car dash in the truck or not.

so stay tuned...

I'll post some pics of the truck and parts probably tomorrow when it daylight out...

Last edited by Stitch; 08-24-2010 at 09:19 PM.