View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #261
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

It took over an hour to get that bumper off. The hitch was partially welded to the frame and bumper brackets. My son helped by stripping as many usable parts off the bed as possible. We got the rubber floor pads, all of the tail light stuff I worked so hard on last year, the side trim pieces, tailgate weather strip hardware and the gas filler, vent and cover. There wasn't much left after that.

I got the shocks off it and that's about it for the chassis work. Then we spent a couple hours blasting it with the pressure washer. I was soaked head to toe, but I got most of the grime off. A couple of the body mounts will need some weld repairs, and the tail ends of the frame rails. No other major problems found.

Here is the current status after washing.

I need a new dipstick for the tranny, and a kickdown cable. I want to lift it, but not sure how I'll do the rear yet. I'll need springs for the front, but I was thinking of doing the shackle flip for the rear. Depends on the condition of the springs. I'm only planning on running 32 or 33" tires, so 2 1/2 front and 4" rear should be adequate.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote