View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 09:32 AM   #954
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Boss 338 Wheels **GROUP BUY**

Okay, I've been struggling with what to do over the whole email brouhaha with AEWC. I'm going to leave the old posts, but below is what I received from them Friday afternoon. It doesn't excuse their past responses to me, but for me at least it went a long way toward mending some fences and hopefully they learned something from this experience and it will help improve their business.

Unlike my previous posts, which were copied/pasted verbatim, I'm redacting a bit of info that's mostly irrelevant and shouldn't be shared publicly. That aside, in the interest of reporting the full story, here goes:

Quote:
Truce. The White flag is up.

I took this to far with you due to the frustration on my end with the employees I have that got involved in this issue. I read some of the emails and stand corrected.

HID solutions is the company you purchased these wheels from. They are the company that you paid and that told you the wheels were or would be available.

[...]

The wheels at this time of HID's order were not available. It would have been wise for us on this end to check with production and get a near firm date for you and most issues may have never gotten this far.

Marcus is an orderdesk person that has no way of communicating with the proper departments and getting you the correct information needed to handle theses types of issues. This was my frustration. The part to this day has still not come through production. The wheels Marcus found you had to be those that were returned due to a lost sale from one of our customers or something like that.

While I do not ask for you to let bye gones be bye gones as your pretty pissed I would just like to end this whole issue with you at the least being happy with the quality of the parts you purchased.

At the end of the day we are very proud to be the last American wheel manufacture and we take pride in our product. The allocation date on the parts coming through is 09/10/2010. if you are not happy with the parts you have at this time let me know and i will make every effort to correct the problem.

I get a little Pig headed some times but Im not a bad guy.

Let me know if there is anything I can do and I will do my best.

My sincere apologies

Xxxxxxx

Shortly thereafter, I discovered the issue with the 20x10 I mentioned previously and emailed them again. This was their response:

Quote:
Brent , this is the part 33862050 that is not available till about the 10th. If you would like you may run the wheel and i will still except the part back when the new one comes in. we do not like the part to be mounted if an issue so the store was right to tell you this. in this case i will take back a mounted part. i will not be able to pickup the mount and remount fee but again i will get you a new wheel. let me know.

I have also CC'ed [...] in the allocations dept so that he understands what to do to get you this part when it comes through
If you ignore the previous issues, you can't ask for better service than this. (I declined the offer to mount the tire temporarily on the defective rim and will just wait for a good one to be delivered.) Obviously you have to look at the situation as a whole, but if they learned from their mistakes (which I believe they have) and don't do this to future customers, I think it's safe to say AEWC can now be trusted. Kudos to them for finally seeing the light.

Brent

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)