Thread: Scam?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 07:44 AM   #1
astevens

Scam?

Well I thought I hit the jack pot the other day. I was looking through Autotrader.com and found a 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax LTZ with 46,000 miles for sale by owner. He was asking $14,800 for it. I thought these truck sold for around $36,000-$40,000? I immediately thought it was a scam, but a little voice in the back of my head said "email him" so I did. That was on Saturday. Sunday I got to looking at the truck again and found the guys phone number so I called it. It was disconnected. I recieved an email from him on Monday morning. He said he still had the truck and the reason he was selling was because he needed money urgently. He sent more pics of it as well. Here is a link to the pics.

http://www.use.com/8e80f7c4ef4be8c7c118#photo=1

I thought maybe he was in an urgent need for money since his phone was disconnected. I wrote back and told him I was interested and I would like to come and see the truck and asked him where it was located. I looked at Autotrader.com again and I could not find the truck anymore. He wrote back and said that it is located in Davidsonville, MD. He said if I was interested he needed to know so that he could stop negotiating with potential buyers. He said that he was firm on the price and test driving would be hard to do cause of its location and he is limited on time. He said he would ship it FREE to me using a vehicle purchase protection program offered through ebay. He said I would have a 5 day inspection period, the shipping company is created by Dependable Auto Shippers, and the truck would be shipped by container directly to my door with the title, clear bill of sale and owners manual. The way I see this I would send him my money and never see the truck. I wrote him back and said that I would not send the money without physically seeing or driving the truck. I said that I would bring the money in hand to him and I would work around his schedule. I also told him that I was having a hard time believing this wasn't a scam. I have not got a response from him yet. What do you guys think? Scam or not? Has anyone seen this ad in Autotrader.com?
astevens is offline   Reply With Quote