View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #76
68 short step

Re: project " Blue-Ray"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71'tahoe View Post
whats the Manifolds off of? It looks like one would have to add the a/c after the engine is set in place or can you have it on the engine when it goes in? I cant tell from the pics..

Thanks,
Greg
the manifolds are stock truck style...the A/C compressor 'could' be installed with the engine, but the a/c manifolds cant be connect while it goes in...also there is a motor mount bolt that needs to be installed, and the A/C compressor would interfer with doing that...so it would be best to install after the engine is in place and bolted down IMO..
Quote:
Originally Posted by signgod2 View Post
Can you put that 1/4" npt anywhere on the head or just in that location?
just in that location, its the only spot that has a water port in the head..
Quote:
Originally Posted by signgod2 View Post
Is that the a/c that you will use or is that just for mock-up ? I'm gonna ask but did you use the 87' fuel set-up because thats the first year they put feul injected on those style trucks that would fit that style tank ? And you needed that for this set-up of motor? Where does the gas pedal wiring hook up at? sorry so many questions, thats why your the man.
that a/c compressor and manifolds are just my mock-up ones....i used the 87 sending unit because, it was the first year for the intank pump, so it has provisions for a fuel pump....also it is a direct fit in place of the other sending unit.....the gas pedel wiring has two connections, one goes to the pedal itself, and the other goes to the PCM...

Last edited by 68 short step; 09-02-2010 at 07:02 PM.
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote