View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 02:01 AM   #1
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

No longer a Blazer Chalet owner

I'm cautious, and hate going below a certain pure cash reserve amount to pay for emergencies like my crazy high insurance deductible, or an exploded engine in my daily driver car, etc. Since restricted weekend access to the ol' camper really was putting the skids on doing serious work to it, combined with skidding income in my mutual funds, an offer of $8500 for it was too good to pass up.

I haven't lost interest in these, I'll keep looking on a near-daily basis for Chalets & GMC Jimmy Casa Grandes on the internet, and still welcome all sightings of 'em from you guys. Mine is going to an especially appreciative home in Indiana, to be kept indoors out of the rain, and away from road salt. Most likely I'll be able to announce something on behalf of the new owner that could be a real surprise to you all, but he's not ready for that yet. Has to do with recycling perfectly good old trucks.....

Future plans call for a more practical 4door SUV like a Nissan Xterra maybe. Who knows, I could find a rarer Casa Grande much later on just to own for sheer collectibleness.

So if you see this one rolling to Lebanon Indiana in the next few days.... yep, that was mine.

Former owner of Chalet #1747. Current caretaker of the very old BlazerChalet.com website.
77blazerchalet is offline   Reply With Quote