View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 10:21 AM   #268
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobriley View Post
Man, awesome build...

I bet your son is pretty excited to cruise that thing around when its time... lets hope his foot isn't as heavy as mine was at that age.

Keep it up!
He is excited, but I can't get him to spend much time on it with me.

I just ordered new transfer case poly mounts and a tranny dipstick through amazon.com. They have some parts available, but it's limited. The prices are pretty good, but the search function isn't the best.

Looks like there are a couple gas tanks available here, but I'm going to see if I can find one locally tomorrow to save shipping. I think I know a couple places that might have one. I'm also shopping for the parking brake cables, the rear ones for each side. Thought I found an awesome deal, but they were for 2wd. The 4wd ones are very high for some reason. As far as I can tell they are the same except the 4wd one is about 4" longer. That 4" is about a $25-35 difference in price, each.

Anyway, here's the plan for the next month or so. I still have to weld repair the rear frame horns. Looking for the best deal on a gas tank, if it get's too expensive, I might just patch this one. I plan on doing a rear shackle flip by using front spring perches and new bushings (on order). Once the chassis and suspension stuff is done, I'll pull the driveline, get the chassis sandblasted and then paint it with the summit chassis epoxy. If I have time, I'll fix the transfer case leaks and tranny pan, shift lever shaft leaks. Then swap the engine for the shortblock I rebuilt. Hopefully by that time I'll have found the heads and intake I want for it (vortec).

After all of that, I'll get the new tub epoxy primered and set on the new mounts and bolted down. I should be getting a new tailgate in a couple weeks from a member here. I'll pick the best top and hatch out of the 3 I have, best doors and fenders I have available and bolt it all together and set it aside until after my C-10 is done.

I think the only work I'll be doing on it at the moment is the frame repairs. I'll post pics then, but it will probably be a little while before I get back on the plan. Thanks for watching everyone.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote